Saturday, January 02, 2010

The first bit of my 21st Century !

Having just realised how quickly the first ten years have been used up, I thought I'd make a note of how much has changed and what's happened. Ian


2000 :

I was finishing my Bachelor of Photography at the Queensland College of Art.

I was living at Greenslopes in Brisbane's south side.

I was driving my beloved 1987 Holden Barina (actually a Suzuki Swift)

I planted all those trees in the backyard in 2000 - It was just lawn before.

2001 :

Graduation show ! Getting my audience to lay down on a bed to view my images of men laying next to them.

* just click on the image to see the larger version.

2002 :

I'd finally had enough of the humidity and heat of Brisbane and moved to Melbourne !

2003 :

I met the lovely Michael.

I had my first Melbourne Exhibition.

Michael & I visited the Grampians – It was cold ! (but not as cold as we were to experience in a few years)

2004 :

February – visited Tasmania, 1st time.

May – took Michael to see Brisbane.

August – Michael's graduation and we visit San Francisco and meet the lovely J.

2005 :

January - the lovely J comes to visit Melbourne and we 'do' the Great Ocean Road.

May – we do the farewell tour of Tasmania with 5 of our bestest shiniest friends !

September – During our trip to the south island of New Zealand we get hitched in a Civil Union !

and I spend a fabulous 9 months working at the Royal District Nursing Service with the lovely Tim !

2006 :

May - we leave the glorious penal colony to journey to the other side of the globe to further Michael's world domination and to stylishly lounge around Europe's airports.

On the way, we stopped in Japan to visit the lovely Nathan, where we met Akira and Sae.

September – I achieve a life-long ambition and attend Monty Python Day at Doune Castle near Stirling, Scotland, joining hundreds of other un-hinged individuals (and Michael) to celebrate joyous idiocy !

September – We visit London !

2007 :

This year was a busy one !

January – visit New York City for the first time.

March – visit Barcelona for the first time.

April – visit the Scottish Isle of Mull for my long awaited pilgrimage to the setting for the 1940's Powell & Pressburger film 'I know where I'm going'.

July – the lovely Tim comes to visit and we all go to Holland and Germany, joining up with the lovely Daryl too.

August – visit Brighton (and the lovely cousins-in-law Sav & Richard) on the delightful English south coast.

September – visit the lovely Brendan & Ollie in Whiltshire, seeing Bristol and Bath.

October – the lovely Ross visits us ! And we have a weekend in Dublin.

November – an epic train journey up to see Inverness in the bitter cold.

2008 :

January – visit adorable Barcelona again, but this time with the lovely J from San Francisco.

April – the lovely Brendan visits Glasgow. We go visit Berlin and Ann Katrin, Fabian & Clara.

I start my CIW web design course.

July – visit London again and catch up with the lovely Jeff.

September – visit the Isle of Arran.

October – the lovely J comes to visit !

December – visit Andalucia in the south of Spain.

2009 :

January – quick visit to York and the lovely Glen & Peter visit Glasgow.

March – visit London for the third time.

May – visit Stockholm for a long weekend.

During the summer I start photographing all the shop fronts of Dumbarton road for my imaginatively named 'Dumbarton Road Project'

August – visit to the far northern Islands of Orkney.

September – bus trip to Manchester !

Watch AFL grand final in an 'aussie' bar at 5am in Manchester !

November – visit Rome for 6 days ! The best coffee we've ever had !

And the novelty of snow still hasn't worn off !

Melbourne in February, here we come !!

All the best for the next year and decade !

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home