Thursday, March 11, 2010

Three weeks back in Australia !

After almost four years away -
as soon as we stepped out of the plane,
I could actually smell the gum trees in the air.




( * click on the image for the larger version )

Near the bayside, is the StKilda night market.
I caught it at the end of a rainy night.




Big hugs and thanks to Timmy for his
welcome home candlelight supper
for us !

* photos by the lovely Ross Brownsdon .com

The obligatory StKilda tram photo !

The latest bit of wonky motorway architecture.

This is the Eureka tower
The new vantage point for a bankers eye view of the city.



The most handsome profile of my home town.

Dawn - as we hit the road for an 8 hour drive to Canberra.

I never felt at home in the Australian bush, but after being away
for so long, I was so glad to be in it again !


Small town in country New South Wales -
where someone parked a submarine.



The National War Memorial, Canberra.

I love this iconic building from the 70's.
I remember it appearing on a stamp.


Tim, Terry from Sydney and Daryl with us for a chinese meal.

Squigley art in Canberra

and while in Canberra, we introduced ourselves to Michael's niece Kiana.


Then back to Melbourne ... and then off to Adelaide
!





I liked these discreet fountains, which, on a hot day, would be wonderful to sit in.

I'd forgotten just how majestic a gum tree is.

Brendan & Ollie's view on the coast.

Adelaide prepares for the festival launch !


Back in Melbourne, and just enough time to pretend we're at the Scottish seaside.
Complete with cold wind, cloudy skies and drizzle.

Flying back via Dubai - we think this is Iran or Turkey - amazing !


Oh ! and I almost forgot -
here's a hazy photo of the world's new tallest building in Dubai - as we flew past it.

Almost a kilometer high !




. . . and nothing had changed, winter was still well settled in.


Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home